- * 20-25 October 2021
- * 5 Nights | 6 Days
- * 5 Stages | 697km | 6930m ascent
- * 5 Nights Accommodation
- * All Meals & Beverages (ex alcohol)
- * Think Bike Marshals
- * Mechanical Support
- * Masseuse
- * Shuttle
- * Support Vehicle
- * Bicycle Transfer back from Durban
- * Shuttle Transfer back from Durban
- * Nutrition & Fully Stocked Water Points
- * Number Collection
- * Exciting Goodie Bag
Price adjustments will not be made for substitutions, changes or exclusions. This is an all inclusive package to be provided for, per person, as advertised.
Venue - TBC
Registration and Collection:
Should any family or friends be travelling with you, they will need to go through the same screening process to ensure everyone involved with the Amashova Tour has undergone the same process.
𝘞𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘯’𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦 𝟷𝟶𝟶% 𝘴𝘢𝘧𝘦𝘵𝘺 𝘪𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘳𝘪𝘥𝘦, 𝘸𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘥𝘰 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘢𝘧𝘦 𝘢𝘴 𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘦.
Our aim is to make this ride safe, enjoyable and to give you the opportunity to ride your bike for the day with the best support possible.
With the Think Bike Marshals we are confident we can achieve this.
20 October 2021
- * Stage 1 | Kempton Park – Standerton
- * 157km | 792m ascent
- * On Day 1, you will depart Kempton Park through to Standerton on what will be a fairly flat parcours and a “warm-up” for the days to come. This is a great introduction to the tour for riders to get to know each other and settle into the saddle for the tour.
21 October 2021
- * Stage 2 | Standerton – Dundee
- * 194km | 1872m ascent
- * Day 2 is the longest day in the saddle, mostly made up of long drags and short, sharp climbs. Enjoy the 17km descent out of Volksrust as you make your way through Newcastle on your way to Dundee.
22 October 2021
- * Stage 3 | Dundee – Mooirivier
- * 165km | 2043m ascent
- * At just over 100 miles for the day, the shorter distance is not to be laughed at, with 2000m of elevation waiting to test your legs after the previous long day in the saddle. The route is up and down all day with a few big climbs as you head towards Estcourt and onto Mooirivier. Stage 3 is definitely the “Queen Stage” of our Amashova Tour.
23 October 2021
- * Stage 4 | Mooirivier – Pietermaritzburg
- * 76km | 754m ascent
- * Stage 4… the “rest day” of the tour. Time to sleep in, take an easy ride to Maritzburg and carbo-load for the race the next day. The route is mostly flat and downhill as you make your way to the start venue for the Amashova
24 October 2021
- * Stage 5 | Pietermaritzburg – Durban
- * 103km | 1234m ascent
- * Race Day!!! We will aim to have riders drop down to ride as one group to Durban, but everyone is still welcome to stay in their batch and race, if those legs are willing. We can’t wait to see you all cross that finish line in Durban!
Stage 1 | Kempton Park - Standerton
- 157km | 792m ascent
- Average Speed | 30-32km/hr
- Estimated Moving Time | 4hrs 54min – 5hrs 14min
Stage 2 | Standerton - Dundee
- 194km | 1856m ascent
- Average Speed | 28-30km/hr
- Estimated Moving Time | 6hrs 28min – 6hrs 56min
Stage 3 | Dundee - Mooirivier
- 160km | 2018m ascent
- Average Speed | 26-28km/hr
- Estimated Moving Time | 5hrs 43min – 6hrs 09min
Stage 4 | Mooirivier - Pietermaritzburg
- 90km | 892m ascent
- Average Speed | 28-30km/hr
- Estimated Moving Time | 3hrs – 3hrs 12min
Stage 5 | Pietermaritzburg - Durban
- 103km | 1319m ascent
- RACE DAY!!!
- Race your pace or ride with the group in a lower batch
- * This is not a race… until Day 5!
- * Everyone must stay together along the route, everyday. This is for safety reasons and in the ethos of everyone riding as a group, not racing and enjoying the tour.
- * As there are stronger riders and slightly weaker riders, ride accordingly in the group. If you are stronger, assist the weaker riders on the climbs.
- * Stronger riders should ride up front and weaker riders to ride in the middle and back of the group.
- * The average speed for the day will be controlled by a group leader. Respect the pace and the group leaders instructions.
- * Certain weather conditions can increase or decrease the pace for the day. The average is a guideline should conditions be favourable.
- * There will be pre-determined water points and lunch stops everyday. The group will stop at all water points and lunch collectively.
- * If someone punctures in the group, the entire group will stop.
The small bag can be packed with any spares, nutrition, chargers, etc. that you may need throughout the day.
Large Bags / Luggage:
Fully Stocked Water Points
Water Points & Lunch Distance:
At the end of every stage, accommodation will be provided in hotels, with a minimum of three-four star, depending on availability. Maximum two persons per room will be assigned for shared accommodation.
As soon as the final itinerary is available, you will be provided with full details of where you will be staying every night.
- Food and beverages for the full six day, five night trip is included in your package.
- Beverages include all hot and cold drinks, excluding alcohol.
- Meals provided includes Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner daily whilst on tour. (excluding breakfast on 20 October & dinner on 25 October)
- * You have the opportunity to buy Drake Events SOX. (R100 per pair)
- * You have an opportunity to buy an official Drake Events jersey, provided by Van H. (R1350 per jersey)
- * Don’t forget to include your order on the registration form.