Glen Marais, Kempton Park
Check out our payment plans below…
- * 19-24 October 2022
- * 5 Nights | 6 Days
- * 5 Stages | 722km | 6907m ascent
- * 5 Nights Accommodation
- * All Meals, Beverages & Alcohol
- * Think Bike Marshals
- * Mechanic
- * Masseuse
- * Shuttle
- * Support Vehicle
- * Bicycle Transfer back from Durban
- * Shuttle Transfer back from Durban
- * Nutrition & Fully Stocked Water Points
- * Number Collection
- * Exciting Goodie Bag
- * Collectable Finishers Medal
Price adjustments will not be made for substitutions, changes or exclusions. This is an all inclusive package to be provided for, per person, as advertised.
Registration and Collection:
Should any family or friends be travelling with you, they will need to go through the same screening process to ensure everyone involved with the Amashova Tour has undergone the same process.
𝘞𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘯’𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦 𝟷𝟶𝟶% 𝘴𝘢𝘧𝘦𝘵𝘺 𝘪𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘳𝘪𝘥𝘦, 𝘸𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘥𝘰 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘢𝘧𝘦 𝘢𝘴 𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘦.
Our aim is to make this ride safe, enjoyable and to give you the opportunity to ride your bike for the day with the best support possible.
With the Think Bike Marshals we have consistently been in good hands on every outride and are confident we can achieve this at every ride ahead.
19 October 2022
- * Stage 1 | Kempton Park – Standerton
- * 157km | 792m ascent
- * On Day 1, you will depart Kempton Park through to Standerton on what will be a fairly flat parcours and a “warm-up” for the days to come. This is a great introduction to the tour for riders to get to know each other and settle into the saddle for the tour.
20 October 2022
- * Stage 2 | Standerton – Dundee
- * 202km | 1819m ascent
- * Day 2 is the longest day in the saddle, mostly made up of long drags and short, sharp climbs. Enjoy the 17km descent out of Volksrust as you make your way through Newcastle on your way to Dundee.
21 October 2022
- * Stage 3 | Dundee – Mooirivier
- * 167km | 2121m ascent
- * At just over 100 miles for the day, the route does have a few climbs, but after two longer days in the saddle, the legs should be in the groove for Stage 3. The amazing road surface will assist in keeping the wheels rolling at a good speed on this lumpy stage.
22 October 2022
- * Stage 4 | Mooirivier – Pietermaritzburg
- * 90km | 875m ascent
- * Stage 4… the “leg loosener” for the race. Enjoy a sleep in and later start, followed by lunch by the pool, massages and getting yourself ready for the Amashova race to Durban.
23 October 2022
- * Stage 5 | Amashova | Pietermaritzburg – Durban
- * 106km | 1300m
- * Race Day!!! We will aim to have riders drop down to ride as one group to Durban, but everyone is still welcome to stay in their batch and race, if those legs are willing. We can’t wait to see you all cross that finish line in Durban!
Stage 1 | Kempton Park - Standerton
- 157km | 792m ascent
- Average Speed | 30-32km/hr
- Estimated Moving Time | 4hrs 54min – 5hrs 14min
Stage 2 | Standerton - Dundee
- 202km | 1819m ascent
- Average Speed | 28-30km/hr
- Estimated Moving Time | 6hrs 44min – 7hrs 13min
Stage 3 | Dundee - Mooirivier
- 167km | 2121m ascent
- Average Speed | 26-28km/hr
- Estimated Moving Time | 5hrs 58min – 6hrs 25min
Stage 4 | Mooirivier - Pietermaritzburg
- 90km | 875m ascent
- Average Speed | 30km/hr (It’s all downhill to PMB)
- Estimated Moving Time | 3hrs (A few coffee stops in between)
Stage 5 | Amashova | Pietermaritzburg - Durban
- 106km | 1300m ascent
- RACE DAY!!!
- Race your pace or ride with the group in a lower batch
- * This is not a race… until Day 5!
- * Everyone must stay together along the route, everyday. This is for safety reasons and in the ethos of everyone riding as a group, not racing and enjoying the tour.
- * As there are stronger riders and slightly weaker riders, ride accordingly in the group. If you are stronger, assist the weaker riders on the climbs.
- * Stronger riders should ride up front and weaker riders to ride in the middle and back of the group.
- * The average speed for the day will be controlled by a group leader. Respect the pace and the group leaders instructions.
- * Certain weather conditions can increase or decrease the pace for the day. The average is a guideline should conditions be favourable.
- * There will be pre-determined water points and lunch stops everyday. The group will stop at all water points and lunch collectively.
- * If someone punctures in the group, the entire group will stop.
The small bag can be packed with any spares, nutrition, chargers, etc. that you may need throughout the day.
Large Bags / Luggage:
Fully Stocked Water Points
Water Points & Lunch Distance:
At the end of every stage, accommodation will be provided in hotels, with a minimum of three-four star, depending on availability. Maximum two persons per room will be assigned for shared accommodation.
As soon as the final itinerary is available, you will be provided with full details of where you will be staying every night.
- Food and beverages for the full six day, five night trip is included in your package.
- Beverages include all hot and cold drinks, as well as alcohol.
- Meals provided includes Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner daily whilst on tour. (excluding breakfast on 19 October & dinner on 24 October)
- * You have the opportunity to buy Drake Events SOX. (R100 per pair)
- * You have an opportunity to buy an official Drake Events jersey, provided by Van H. (R1400 per jersey)
- * Don’t forget to include your order on the registration form.
Should you have any mechanical issues, Marnus will aim to fix the problem immediately. If the issue requires more attention, you and Marnus will load into the support vehicle to follow the group whilst Marnus fixes the issue and gets the bike rideable. Should the issue be a bigger problem, requiring more attention or specific spares, Marnus will liaise with the local bike shop at the arrival destination to order your spares and get the bike fixed right away upon arrival.
Our aim is to keep you on the bike for the entire tour. As there are so many different kinds of bikes, spares, etc., it’s impossible to stock spares on tour for the entire group, but we will endeavour to keep you riding with Marnus and local bike shops at the end of each stage.
*They also offer sanctuary to Pugs who are not adopted and to the many aged Pugs in their care.
*They rescue in excess of 210 Pugs a year.
*Their rescues receive an extremely high standard of care at the Benoni sanctuary which affords them a home-from-home experience.
*The rehoming criteria is also extremely strict. Pug Rescue SA do not believe in “there is a home, here is a dog”, they re-home ” the right Pug to the right home ” and have an extremely low return rate.
Pug Rescue SA also founded the Thanda Inja Project in 2014. The Thanda Inja Project takes place in the Gabon and Chris Hani Informal Settlements in Daveyton, Benoni. The community Pug Rescue SA assists is impoverished and mostly unemployed. A welfare organisation doing welfare work.
Every second Tuesday Pug Rescue SA together with Dr Bernie Eales and other volunteer veterinarians offer free basic veterinary care to the dogs, cats and sometimes livestock in the community. Pug Rescue SA have a feeding scheme where over 450 registered dogs and 80 cats receive a bag of food every two weeks.
Drake Events has committed to give back in 2022 and will donate R150 per entry at every tour throughout the year. However, it’s not just about donating. Drake Events will also volunteer time to assist and spend time at the Pug Rescue SA sanctuary in Benoni, as well as arranging special family days out at the sanctuary.
Help us to help make a difference to a phenomenal organisation, doing amazing work every day!
Xanné Drake – 082 370 8614
- Drake Events
- Bank: FNB
- Branch : 230732
- Account Number : 62854277110